Full Name: Olamide Adedeji.
Well Know As: Olamide (Baddo).
Genre: Hip hop, Afro Pop, Afrobeats, Afro Trap, Dance Hall, R&B Street
Biography: Olamide Adedeji was born on 15 March 1989, popularly known as Olamide (But popularly called Olamide Baddo), is a Nigerian hip hop recording artist. He records in Yoruba, and English. In 2011, he released his debut studio album “Rapsodi” while signed to Coded Tunes. YBNL, his follow-up album, was released under his label imprint YBNL Nation. The album was supported by the singles “First of All“, “Voice of the Street“, “Stupid Love“, and “Ilefo Illuminati“. On 7 November 2013, he released his third studio album “Baddest Guy Ever Liveth“. The album’s singles include “Durosoke” and “Yemi My Lover“. On 17 July 2013, Olamide became the first Nigerian to sign an endorsement deal with Cîroc.
Awards: [2011: The Headies], [2012: The Headies], [2013: Nigeria Entertainment Awards], [2013: The Headies], [2014: MTV Africa Music Awards], [2014: The Headies], [2015: TooXclusive Awards], [2016: City People Entertainment Awards], [The Headies]
TEN(1O) THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT OLAMIDE (BADDO):
- Olamide was born and bought up in Bariga, a city in Lagos. In 2002, he decided to pursue a career in music.
- Olamide was a part time student of mass communication at the Tai Solarin University of Education.
- He broke into the Nigerian music industry with his hit track “Eni duro”.
- Olamide is the first Nigerian ambassador to sign an endorsement deal with Circoc, putting him amongst other international representatives like Rick Ross and French Montana.
- His music talent was recognised by the Nigerian musician, D’banj who wanted to sign him on his record label.
- Having being bought up in a razz background, Olamide joined the list of the wealthy musicians at a very young age.
- The Nigerian Entertainment Awards held in New York recently awarded him the Best Indigenous artist, Album of the year and Best Collaboration award.
- In 2012, he left Coded Tunes and started his own record label, YBNL Nation.
- Other than being a new breed of rap, he is also known to be quite outspoken when delivering his lyrics.
- In November 2013, Olamide became an ambassador for Etisalat alongside Ice Prince.
OLAMIDE RECENTS SONGS:
- Olamide – “Eru”
- Olamide – “Green Light”
- Fireboy DML & Olamide – “Afar“
- Jaido P ft Olamide – “Tesina Pot”
- Do2dtun Ft. Olamide x Pepenazi – “Afrobeat To The World”
OLAMIDE RECENT ALBUM: